There are numerous training and employment assistance programs offered to residents in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
Here are some:
- Owen Sound Human Resource Centre of Canada offers employment services for workers, employers, students and youth.
Contact Information: Karen Henderson (519) 376-4280.
- YMCA Community & Employment Services, which offers job connections for students/youth 16 years of age and older, apprenticeship referrals, and career info/counselling.
Contact Information: (519) 371-9222 Ext. 232.
- Bruce County Ontario Works, which includes public assistance, employment assistance, subsidized childcare, assessment services, and an Employment Resource Centre.
Contact Information: (519) 881-0431.
- Bruce Peninsula Learning Centre, which offers adult literacy and basic training, job search training and computer training, language/literacy training and prior learning assessment and recognition.
Contact Information: Nancy Hall (519) 534-4911.
- Bruce Advisory & Financial Services (delivered by Bruce Community Development Corporation), which offers small business financing, business advisory services, small business training, self employment and assistance programs, and resources and economic development training.
Contact Information: Dave Rushton (519) 396-8141.
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (delivered by the Bluewater District School Board), which offers apprenticeship referral, career info/counselling, high school diploma and school work transition.
Contact Information: Barbara Wright (519) 986-3410 Ext. 242.
- vpi Inc. Offers Employment Ontario & Government of Canada funded job programs, for Employers and Job Seekers, throughout all of Bruce County. Services Include: Resume writing, Various Employment/job search related workshops, Assistance in starting a Business, Retraining opportunities Contact Information: vpi Inc. 1-855-260-4900 or 1-519-881-4900