Owner/Address

Recognition Type

Designation Date

Cultural Value, Interest, Attributes

Barker Natural Heritage Property

Federation of Ontario Naturalists,
355 Lesmill Road,
North York ON
M3B 2W8

Concession 4 WBR Pt Lot 15 Incl RP3R5266 Part 1

Ontario Heritage
Foundation Easement

By Law Number: Not Applicable

 

Designation Date: Unknown

Tree or landscape feature

Donaldson Archaeological Site

Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority,
RR 1,
Hanover ON N4N 3B8

HMS Part Lot 56, Lot 57

National Historic Site

By Law Number: Not Applicable

 

Designation Date:

Unknown

Unclassified site

Former Wiarton High School

2136464 Ontario Inc.,
c/o of Jay Kirkland,
RR 1, 791 Bruce Road 8, Hepworth ON N0H 1P0

Whole of Lot 7, East of McNaughton Street and South of Division Street; and Lot 8, except the South 5 feet thereof as described in Crown Patent dated July 23, 1909, East of McNaughton Street, South of Division Street (239 William Street)

Part IV OHA Designation

By Law Number:

15-2008

 

Designation Date:

27-Mar-06

Georgian Canon building proportions and Palladian evolved features (central upper window, head trim), truncated hip roof and ploygonal cupola, ashlar cut and rigidly coarsed masonry cladding, voussoirs of the main entry arch, arched entranceway reflecting Romanesque revival style of post 1885 Ontario

Gadd - About Bed & Breakfast

Dr. Daniel B. Lothstein and Kevin Cory Dobbin,
501 Frank Street,
Wiarton ON N0H 2T0


Lot 19, 50 Feet West 1/2 of Taylor, South of Division Streets, Lot 20, 50 feet West 1/2, West of Taylor, South of Division Streets (501 Frank Street)

Part IV OHA Designation

By Law Number:

111-2008

 

Designation Date:

15-Sep-08

Georgian Revival "Box" home, faced with Scottish brick, original chimney and remains of a Widows Walk at centre of hipped roof, interior oak staircase, original fireplace and radiators and remnants of dumb waiter

Sauble Falls Bridge

Town of South Bruce Peninsula, PO Box 310,
315 George Street,
Wiarton ON N0H 2T0

Part of the Mill Lot and Part of the Aux Sauble River Road Allowance designated as Parts 1 and 2 shown of Reference Plan 3R-3066, former Township of Amabel

Part IV OHA Designation

By Law Number:

86-2006

 

Designation Date:

30-Oct-06

Original reinforced concrete and steel bridge construction, demonstrates traveled route of original settlers, last untouched structure at Sauble Falls which represents 1920/1930 architecture

Old MacNeil Estate (The)

Grey Sauble Conservation Authority,
RR 4,
Owen Sound ON N4K 5N6

Concession 24 Lot A Concession 25 Pt Lot A (92 Highway 6)

Part IV OHA Designation

By-Law Number:

Not Applicable

 

Designation Date:

13-Mar-89

Reticulated limestone, Georgian centre hall plan, 2 storey rectangular "T" addition at rear, full and partial cellars, face front left porch originally glazed as conservatory adjoining original library, structure originally had slate roof, foundation and some main storey walls existent, limestone barn foundations showing original stalls and storage areas are at north rear of house

Wiarton Train Station

Town of South Bruce Peninsula, PO Box 310, 315 George Street,
Wiarton ON N0H 2T0

Brown ES, Lots 9, 10, 11, Brown WS, Pt Lots 7, 8, Brown WS, Part Lot 6, Scott ES, Lot 12, Scott WS Lots 11, 12, Claude ES Pt Lots 5, 6 Plan 142A, Water Lots 5, 6,7,8, Plan 142 A, Pt Water Lot 3

Part IV OHA Designation

By Law Number :

56-2009

 

Designation Date:

12-May-09

Built of locally milled pine, white cedar and hemlock, one of six known station buildings in Canada which retains it original coffered geometrically patterned tongue and groove ceilings, Queen Anne/Chateau style wooden building intact as originally designed, hub of transportation for CNR

Dickie House 

John Albert McCurdy and Sandra Lynn McCurdy, 108 Beech Street, RR 6 Wiarton ON N0H 2T0

Pt Lt 2 Con 10 EBR, Albemarle, Pt 1 RP3R4627

Part IV OHA Designation

By Law Number :

118-2012

Designation Date:

02-Oct-12

Harled walls, second level floors constructed of local soft wood, heat hole in second floor bedroom, 8x8 foot room on north westerly side of main floor (off the foyer) was used as an office for the Dickie business and remains historically correct.  Home constructed by the Dickie family.