1. There is a streetlight not working, how do I report it so it may be repaired?
Call Town Hall (519-534-1400) or email Public Works and provide your name, the location of the light (Including street address and/or nearest intersection) and the issue with the light.
2. My garbage was not picked up this week, what do I do?
- Ensure your garbage is at the curb by 7:00am on the day of pickup;
- If you have a permanent garbage box, ensure there is a flag/marker/sign that clearly indicates there is garbage to pickup;
- If you have more than one bag, ensure the additional bags have Town-approved bag tags. Each property is permitted to put out up to three bags each week, two of which must have bag tags;
- Make sure your garbage bag does not weigh more than 40 pounds;
- If you have met all of these items, and you require more information, inquiries regarding curbside collection may be directed to our contractor, Miller Waste at 519-372-1855, with the exception of Sunnyview Dr., Sunny Cres., Sunny Ln., Gold Course Rd., and Tri Par Ln., who can contact the Public Works Department
The Waste Management By-Law provides the procedures, regulations, policies, and fines for disposal of waste in the Town.
3. How often are the Town's gravel roads graded?
Please review the status updates of the Town's road grading as part of the Public Works Department's Road Maintenance Program.
4. My mailbox was damaged during a snow event; who do I contact?
Please review information about the Town's Winter Maintenance Program for more information.
5. My road was paved and now it is gravel - What is going on? or What is Tar and Chip?
See the Fact Sheet on Tar and Chip for more information.
6. What projects is the Town working on?
Visit our Special Project links.
If you have a question regarding Public Works initiatives, please contact the Public Works Department at 519-534-1400.