In accordance with Town policy BLE.3.1 By-Law Enforcement and Animal Control will not be performed outside of regular office hours unless the situation is felt to be an extreme emergency threatening human life. If you have an extreme emergency after regular business hours, dial 226-668-5601 or 911. For all other calls, please leave a message in the Town Hall voicemail box (519-534-1400 ext 143) and your call will be returned during regular business hours.
Please note that if you have concerns with regard to Sauble Beach Dynamic Beach By-Law infractions, during July and August By-Law Enforcement Officers are on Sauble Beach Monday and Tuesday 10am to 6pm, Wednesday and Thursday 8am to 6pm and Friday, Saturday and Sunday and holidays 8am to 8pm. During regular business hours, please call 519-534-1400 ext 143 and your message will be relayed to staff. After regular business hours (after 4:30 pm) please approach a By-Law Enforcement Officer on patrol with your concerns.
The Ontario Society for Prevention and Cruelty to Animals investigates concerns with respect to animal cruelty. Please contact them at 1-888-668-7722 extension 327. This is an answering service.
Carol Hopkins, By-Law Enforcement/Animal Control Officer
519-534-1400 ex 143
After hours animal control emergencies (dogs only) 226-668-5601
Animal Holding Centre
Southampton Pet Hospital
The Town promotes responsible dog ownership in an effort to maintain a safe and enjoyable community for both people and pets.
Rules at a glance:
- The Town of South Bruce Peninsula is a leashed Municipality. No person shall allow a dog off the owner’s property unless under control and leashed or in the “Dogs Off Leash Recreation Area (DOLRA)".
- No person shall keep more than (two) 2 dogs per location anywhere in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
- Any person(s) owning more than (two) 2 dogs prior to 2008 may keep said dogs, but must not replace them unless a valid boarding establishment-no breeding licence is obtained.
- Every owner of a dog shall remove forthwith excrement left by the dog anywhere in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula and including in the “Dogs off Leash Recreation Area”.
- Dogs are not permitted on Sauble Beach from May 1st to September 30th in each and every year.
Dog licensing fees must be renewed each year.
|Description|| Cost of Tag|
|First neutered or spayed January 1- Mar 31|| $20.00|
|First neutered or spayed April 1- Dec 31|| $40.00|
|Second neutered or spayed January 1- Mar 31|| $30.00|
|Second neutered or spayed April 1- Dec 31|| $55.00|
|Description|| Cost of Tag|
| First not spayed or neutered Jan 1-Mar 31|| $40.00|
| First not spayed or neutered April 1- Dec 31|| $55.00|
| Second not spayed or neutered Jan 1-Mar 31|| $55.00|
| Second not spayed or neutered April 1-Dec 31 || $75.00|
| Boarding Establishment No breeding|| $100.00|
| Working dogs up to 5 No breeding|| $100.00|
| Kennel license up to 20 Boarding and breeding || $175.00|
| Kennel license 21-50 dogs. Boarding and breeding|| $325.00|
| Kennel license per additional dog over 50|| $40.00|
| Boarding of dog for rescue|| $125.00|
| Dogs used for sledding Up to 12|| $125.00|
| Dogs used for sledding per additional dog over 12|| $40.00|
Location of the two (2) Town of South Bruce Peninsula "DOLRA'S"
1579 Southampton Parkway-Oliphant Ball Diamond
108 Division Street, Wiarton-Tayja's Doggy park at the Dan Davidson Ball Diamond