1249 Sauble Falls Parkway (between the communities of Oliphant and Sauble Beach)
Hours of Operation
Mattress Disposal & Recycling
The Public Works Department has initiated a mattress recycling program to divert this bulky material out of the landfill. While there is still a cost to ratepayers to dispose of their mattresses at the landfill, the tipping fees cover the cost to transport the mattresses to the facility where they will be recycled. The tipping fee to dispose of mattresses is posted at the landfill, and is included within the Fee By-Law, posted above.
The Town operates a waste electrical and electronics equipment collection program at the Amabel Landfill Site through the Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) Program.
- Display Devices - eg TV's, computer monitors, CCTV, All in One computers
- Desktop Computers - eg Computer terminals, desktops, computers, microcomputers, thin clients
- Portable Computers - eg laptops, notepads, notebooks, tablet pc's (excludes PDA's and other handheld devices)
- Computer Peripherals - eg mouse, disk drives, cables, keyboards, modems
- Printing, Copying and Multifunction devices - eg printers, photocopiers,
- Telephones and Answering Machines - (excludes commercial payphones, accessories, networked and vehicle equipment)
- Cellular Devices and Pagers - (excludes non-cell enabled PDA's, satellite phones)
- Image, Audio and Video Devices - eg DVD players, vehicle speakers & radios, digital picture frames, VCR's