Recycling is completed under contract by the Bruce Area Solid Waste Recycling (BASWRA). BASWRA is a not-for-profit organization. For more recycling information visit the Bruce Area Recycling website or call 1-800-794-9770.
Recycling depots are available at the following locations
- Full Depot - Sauble Beach Landfill Site, 1249 Sauble Falls Parkway, during regular business hours.
- Cardboard - Hepworth on Legion Rd, behind the Legion
- Cardboard - Wiarton in the Louisa St parking lot
Bi-weekly blue box pickup is provided to the entire municipality.
For your Pickup Schedule Please click here.
For your section click here.
There is an exception if you live on the following roads in the Chesley Lake area:
· Sunnyview Drive (excluding Chesley Lake Camp);
· Sunny Crescent;
· Sunny Lane;
· Golf Course Road; and
· Tri Par Lane
The Town of South Bruce Peninsula has a contractor that collects garbage and recycling from the roads listed above in the Chesley Lake area. The contract stipulates that curbside garbage and recycling is to be collected, on Wednesdays, from May 1 to November 30, in each calendar year and in accordance with the Waste Management By-Law. The current Waste Management By-Law can be obtained from our website.
In the off-season (December 1 through to April 30), the Town of South Bruce Peninsula places a bin at the end of Camp Road for the residents of Chesley Lake area to place their garbage. This bin is placed for the residents, not for the campground. The bin will be removed for the season once curbside garbage collection commences
During the off-season, residents from this area in Chesley Lake area are able to take any and all recycling to the recycling depot located at the Amabel Landfill Site.
Garbage and Recycling Schedule Change for Residents East of Jewel Bridge
For residents on Jewel Bridge Rd east of Jewel Bridge and residents on Dorena Cres, please be advised that your recycling and garbage collection day has changed from Section 4 (Monday) to Section 5 (Wednesday), effective September 1, 2011. Please follow the collection schedule for Section 5.
For residents on Jewel Bridge Rd west of Jewel Bridge, your collection days are not affected and you are still in Section 4.
Electronic Waste Recycling
The Town operates a waste electrical and electronics equipment collection program at the Amabel Landfill Site through the Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) Program. The following is a list of electronics that are accepted free of charge:
- Display Devices - eg TV's, computer monitors, CCTV, All in One computers
- Desktop Computers - eg Computer terminals, desktops, computers, microcomputers, thin clients
- Portable Computers - eg laptops, notepads, notebooks, tablet pc's (excludes PDA's and other handheld devices)
- Computer Peripherals - eg mouse, disk drives, cables, keyboards, modems
- Printing, Copying and Multifunction devices - eg printers, photocopiers,
- Telephones and Answering Machines - (excludes commercial payphones, accessories, networked and vehicle equipment)
- Cellular Devices and Pagers - (excludes non-cell enabled PDA's, satellite phones)
- Image, Audio and Video Devices - eg DVD players, vehicle speakers & radios, digital picture frames, VCR's